Mount Pleasant Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Trustees (& Liaisons) present:
James Calabro, Paulette Dimovski, Robert Huerster, Marcie Krauss, Larry Levine, Jorge Marmol, Emil Muccin, Mary Ann Quinn
Trustees (& Liaisons) absent: Denis McCarthy (Town Liaison); Kathleen Williamson
Vivian Gufarotti, Assistant Library Director; Tom Conaty, Library patron
Trustee Calabro called the meeting to order at 7:35 P.M.
The minutes of the March 2017 meeting were approved. Moved by Trustee Quinn, seconded by Trustee Krauss, and passed.
After a review of the April Financial Review, it was moved by Trustee Krauss, seconded by Trustee Quinn, that:
It is hereby resolved that the Town Comptroller be authorized to:
• Pay all vouchers reviewed and approved by the Library Director and the Town Comptroller, for the month of April, 2017 for a total of $43,426.04
201704-01 The motion passed.
After discussion, it was moved by Trustee Huerster, and seconded by Trustee Dimovski that:
It is hereby resolved that the following personnel appointments be approved:
• John Casullo be appointed to the position of Library Clerk SA, effective May 8, 2017, at Step 1 of the Library Clerk: Special Assignment pay schedule, as detailed in the Authorized Personnel Salary Schedule 2017 Rev. 01, approved at the February 2017 Board Meeting
• Rachel Skrzypczak be appointed to the position of Library Clerk SA, effective May 8, 2017, at Step 1 of the Library Clerk: Special Assignment pay schedule, as detailed in the Authorized Personnel Salary Schedule 2017 Rev. 01, approved at the February 2017 Board Meeting
201704-02 The motion passed
After discussion, it was moved by Trustee Marmol, and seconded by Trustee Quinn, that:
It is hereby resolved that the following equipment be declared surplus to requirements and discarded:
Sys Bldg. Asset Item # Qty/Description Salv. Value
239 002 38 717 1 /Table Work Child Round 36x27 11.
240 002 38 718 1 /Table Work Child Round 30x24 10.
241 002 38 719 4 /Chairs Child Ladder Back 14in 12.
242 002 38 720 4 /Chairs Child Ladder Back 16in 13.
Sys Fl/Rm Asset Item # Qty/Description Salv. Value
144 1 9014 38 900006 5 /Chairs Sled Base Wooden 45.
201704-03 The motion passed.
The Mount Pleasant Public Library 2016 New York State Annual Report was reviewed and a potential discrepancy was found. Approval of the report is being deferred until the section in question can be clarified.
After discussion, it was moved by Trustee Muccin, and seconded by Trustee Marmol, that:
It is hereby resolved that the Library accept Tom Conaty’s gift of a bench commemorating his late son, and that the bench be placed on the grounds of the main branch of the Library. (Mr. Conaty obtained approval from the Town of Mount Pleasant and the Village of Pleasantville before making his request at the Board meeting on 4/20/17.)
201704-04 The motion passed
After discussion, it was moved by Trustee Marmol, and seconded by Trustee Dimovski, that:
It is hereby resolved that Director Fearon be authorized to sign a contract with Demco for an annual subscription to the Signup online computer calendar platform
201704-05 The motion passed.
The Diretor’s Report for April 2017 was received.
Points of Discussion
• There will be three librarians on Saturdays for a five hour block
• Community Room AV
• Cedar fence replacement
• Staff Table of Organization update
• Marketing & IT
o Improvements to the public-facing calendar and our reservation system
• Congestion in the parking lot after school
Next Meeting: Thursday, 5/18/17 at 7:30 pm
Trustee Levine moved for adjournment at 8:25 P.M., seconded by Trustee Marmol. The motion passed.
Apr 2017 - Minutes
Mount Pleasant Public Library