Census Day is April 1, 2020!
The Census counts every person where they are living on April 1, 2020.
Get counted by answering your 2020 Census questionnaire today, tomorrow, and through August 14, 2020.
As of March 30, 2020, approximately 37% of households in the Town of Mount Pleasant and Village of Pleasantville have already responded.
Why does it count?
The census, conducted every ten years, provides critical information about where you live. Federal funding for vital services in your community is based on this count, including funding for libraries, schools, healthcare, public transportation, and emergencies, like hurricane relief. The Census count will also determine how your community is represented in Congress (how many seats in the House of Representatives represent your state).
Three ways to be counted:
- Online: Go to https://my2020census.gov/. The online application is available in 12 languages in addition to English.* Have the code you received in the mail to get started. If you did not receive a code in the mail, you can log on using your street address.
- By Phone: Here’s how: https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond/responding-by-phone.html. You can answer in 12 languages in addition to English.*
- By Mail: Paper questionnaires will be sent to those who have not yet responded beginning in May.
*Language guides are available in 59 non-English languages to help respondents respond to the census. A list of languages and guides can be found here: https://2020census.gov/en/languages.html
Need more help? Here are some important contacts:
- U.S. Census Bureau: www.2020census.gov
- Westchester County: https://www.westchestercounts.org/