Youth Librarian Janet Green shares some library resources that could be helpful during the school year.
- Tutor.com/westchester offers live online chat and email support for learners in grades K-12 and adults. You can check a homework question, send in an essay for review, prepare for a test, and even have a cover letter or résumé checked. Hay tutores que hablan español. Note: Due to coronavirus, Tutor.com has expanded its tutoring hours from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm on weekends, until further notice.
- For a tutorial on using tutor.com please click here
- Learning Express
- Learning resources for students in elementary school through high school
- Learning Upgrade
- Math & English for K-5 or adults learning English using short game-like lessons
- Offers placement test to start then lessons on that grade, must complete each with 70% to move up to the next level
- Click here for instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OWAjJY7JRV4cqmWI5FtThjQtHLPFaIE0/view
- Learn Online (WLS)
- A listing of online resources provided by the Westchester Library System
- Khan Academy
- Free online courses and schedules for students ages 2-18.
Remote Learning Resources for Parents
Test Taking and College Resources
- Learning Express Online Access practice tests for SATs and ACTs
- Tutor.com SAT/ACT Test Prep Develop test taking skills and take practice exams
Tumblebooks - books read aloud & activities
Overdrive/Libby - kids/teens - eBooks & e-audiobooks
Comics Plus - check out comic books and graphic novels
Novelist K-8 - book suggestions by grade level and genre
Kanopy for kids - Educational videos
YA Book Suggestions - written by our Teen Volunteers!
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Mount Pleasant Public Library of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Mount Pleasant Public Library bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.