Universe of Stories!
June 28 - August 16
Sign up for this year's Summer Reading Program for Children in Grades Pre-K through 4th Grade
- Pre-readers participate by having books read to them.
- Readers in Pre-K through 4thgrade.
Sign Up: Begins June 3
Kick-Off: Friday, June 28 at 11:00am or 1:00 pm, your choice, to see Aliens: Escape from Earth
Reporting: June 28 through August 16
HOW? (Choose one)
- In person: at the Main Library in Pleasantville or the Branch Library in Valhalla.
- By phone: (914) 769-0548 x602 (Main Library) or (914) 741-0276 (Branch Library).
- Online: Register herestarting June 3rd
Kick-Off Program (June 28) Main Library:
There will be two shows and sign up is required:
Click here to register for the 11:00pm show
Click here to register for the 1:00pm show.
How it Works
At Home: Read and color a circle for every 15 minutes read
At the Library: Choose when you want to receive prizes. You can choose to wait until you have many hours and receive a bigger prize
- 2 hours = prize
- 5 hours = prize
- 10 hours = prize
- 20 hours = prize
If you complete a reading log, stop by the library and a librarian will add a new sheet to your reading log.
At the end of the program drop off your reading log at the library.
We will total up all the minutes you have read and one participant in each grade (Pre-K - 4) will receive a grand prize.
Other exciting events this summer include:
- Back to the Moon (Wed. July 10)
- A Universe of Stories, A Universe of Songs (Wed. July 17)
- Insects Rock (Wed. July 24)
- Astronauts are People Too (Wed. July 31)
- Puppets Show: Little Red Riding Hood (Wed. August 7)
ALSO FEATURING BEDTIME MATH: SUMMER OF NUMBERS
Overdrive - Borrow and download ebooks and audiobooks
Comics Plus - Borrow and download comic books using your library card number
TumbleBooks - An online collection of animated, talking picture books, reading comprehension quizzes, educational games and teacher resources
Biblioteca Tumblebooks - son libros animados, con ilustraciones que hablan, para enseñar a losniños los placeres de la lectura en un formato que les encantará.
Summer Reading Lists - recommendations from the local schools.
We would like to thank the Valhalla Lions Club and the Jacob Burns Film Center for their generous donations of gift cards!