Kanopy offers one of the most unique and compelling collections of film ranging from documentaries, indie and foreign films to must-see classics and blockbuster movies.
Now they have added Kanopy Kids - a separate selection of films rated by Common Sense Media as appropriate for children ages 12 and under.
Children can enjoy PBS kids shows like Arthur, Daniel Tiger, and Franklin, and learn about science, nature, history and more!
To Get Started
Click the link here: Kanopy and follow the prompts to set up your account.
- You should see: Welcome to Kanopy at Westchester Library System - click Continue
- Go to the top right corner of the page and click on Sign Up
- Create your Kanopy account: Enter your name, email address and password and click sign up
- You will be sent an email to verify your account information - click Verify My Email
You should receive a welcome message that will inform you that you can:
- access up to 10 films per month (You receive 10 play credits each month.)
- have 3 days to watch each film (Once you press play on a film you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit)
- play credits reset on the 1st of the month (Once you have reached your quota of films you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of 10 play credits again.)
- access Kanopy from any device, including iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast
Interested in setting up Kanopy Kids for your children?
- Log into your Kanopy Account
- Hover over your name in the top right corner of the screen. Click on My Dashboard
- Click on Parental Controls. Under "Your content filter is off" click Turn On.
- Create a 4-digit PIN. You will now have to use this PIN to access the video content for ages 12+. ( You can always choose to turn the Content Filter off)
If you have any questions, speak with a Reference Librarian.